Skip to main content

 

ORAHOVAC

Orahovac is located 10 km north from Kotor, towards Perast. In the past, Orahovac was physically separated from a neighboring settlement Ljuta by a river with the same name, until construction of the bridge conveying the Adriatic Highway took place. This small settlement has many stone coastal houses, beautiful stone and sandy beaches, exceptionally clean sea and attractive beach bars along the coast.

This place is perfect for resting and escaping the summer crowds, with a beautiful coast in a forest of old oak trees, some of them over 300 years old.

Orahovac is known after its maritime history, as a home to many sea captains, which had a fleet of 28 ships in the XIX century.

On the hill above Orahovac, there is a St George Church, with frescos from XV and XVI century.

There is a hiking trail with serpentines that leads from Orahovac to a fortress Vranovo brdo, among locals known as St Andrew Fortress. The fortress was being built from 1882 to 1884, in the time of the Austro-Hungarian rule in Boka. St Andrew Fortress, located 742 m above sea level, represented one of the most important strategic points in the bay.

Circular trail leads through abandoned villages of Gornji (Upper) Orahovac: Stepen, Jezevici and Kljavici and it is 12.3 km long. It ends in Perast, passing by another abandoned village called Glogovac, with remains of St John Church.

Copyright © 2018 Powered By ČIKOM - All Rights Reserved