The settlement of Ljuta is situated in the heart of the Boka Bay, in the northern part of the Kotor municipality and about 7 km away from the Kotor town.
In its centre, there is a baroque church dedicated to St Peter, which stands on a raised and enclosed pave plateau by the seashore. It is built of ashlar transported from the island of Korčula. According to archive sources, the construction works took several decades and were completed in 1780. This year and a mention of the patron saint are inscripted on the west facade. The interior consist of a spacious nave covered with a ceiling and a somewhat narrower altar space which is square in plan and vaulted. The vaulting rests on the corner pilasters. Such a layout is reminiscent of the Our Lady of the Rock Church of Perast that obviously served as an example to the masons.
There are three marble altars in St Peter’s Church. The principal one has a pala d’altare depicting the titular saint with angels. The south altar, donated by Captain Luka Radimir, bears a representation of a group of holy personages. Both paintings are works of the Venetian artist Fonte Basso.
The north altar has an icon of the Virgin with Child, in a silver icon-cover, wich belongs to the so-called Hodgetaira type. The icon is specially venerated by the townsmen of Ljuta due to a vow given during the 1855 cholera epidemic. The altar itself was donated by the Dabinović family who were respectable seamen. It was produced in 1803 by Michele Girardi, a lesser-known artist from Venice.